Thursday, May 17, 2007

court +2



Despite a new tentative booking to leave Kyiv (on June 2), we did not have great sleep last night. Shona woke around 4:30 and was up for the day. I also woke around then, but was determined to get a bit more sleep (and did, eventually). So, we’re both a bit tired today. But we had another good visit with Ivanna this morning (who was not off visiting the doctor for a change). Once again, we were all over the playground today, doing a variety of things. The biggest hits were still the swings and the chickens (personally, I find birds a bit creepy – they look like feathered reptiles to me). On the whole, it really seems that our little Ivanka is growing kind of fond of us. She seems to genuinely enjoy playing with us, snuggling with us, and generally just hanging out with us. We are very glad. I just can’t get enough of her smiles, which thankfully she seems quite generous with now.
After our oven-like ride home on the train (I believe the thermometer on the wall read 30C), we kind of oozed into our apartment and promptly took off our clothes (no, not for any fun - it’s way too hot for that – just hoping to feel a bit more like humans). We are going to Mario’s for lunch to do some emailing and to try to work out some of the details for our trip home (we are so looking forward to that!).

6 comments:

kelly dyck said...

Yaaay!!! I am so happy for the three of you. I will be happy to see your beautiful daughter as soon as you get back....no worries...I will fit her in ASAP...it will be my pleasure!!
Kelly Dyck

Ivanna's uncle said...

Lovely times. There is nothing like a smiling coming from your child.
The hot train: yeah, I remember it well, although I noticed an absence of mention of any of the 3 dominant smells I can to associate with confined quarters in Russia: B.O., Alcohol on the breath, garlic, oh and a 3rd if you were between cars: urine. This doesn't take into account the cigarette smoke which I'm sure by now you have come to take for grante as well.
Last night was our first soccer game and we were already short players. Brutal. We started out 2 short, but finished 3 short when one of our players pulled his groin. ouch. We were actually tied 2-2 at half, but with their 3 subs, they scored 4 more goals in the second half. no excuses I know, but jeez.
oh and in other good news, as we were leaving the pitch, I saw Rob Kapronzai (sp?), then met his dad and brother, then saw Augusto. Yeah, apparently we're playing their team next week (or after). Excellent - a bottom div. team made entirely of Brazilians. We should do well. look forward to having you here with us.
That is that for today. Enjoy your day guys. Today we'll bring out the big spider cake and celebrate Misha's 4th. It seem appropriate that I was up at 4 this morning (sympathizing with you?) with a stuffed-up, coughing little boy. sleep schmeep.
love
jonathan

Alan, Michelle and Cole said...

You guys look like you are having sooo much fun together. Your pictures continue to brighten my day. Hope you continue to enjoy your day together. The weather is absolutely gorgeous here today. The sun is shining and it kinda makes you think summer is here. Thinking of you and missing you.

kathryn said...

She's so cute. It's great to hear about the snuggling and the smiles and the time she wants to spend with you. It is a great gift to have the attention of a child, especially your own.

Val said...

I didn't think it was possible, but she just keeps getting cuter! That smile of hers is just so precious. I can't wait to see it in person.

It's not much longer before she's yours 24/7!
Love and hugs to all of you.

nadia and ryan said...

We are so excited for you guys. You look and sound so happy and full of energy. Ivanna is beautiful!!!!! The pictures show so much warmth and connection between the three of you. I think of you often and hope that everything goes smoothly as you near your departure date. I have enjoyed such much reading your blogs.
Hope you are having a great day.
Much Love,
Nadia